Solved

Document Management Error upon Approval of doc revision

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When a document is ready to be approved, one opens the document revision in IEE and uses RMB to Status > Approve the following message appears:

Login of and on as a different user. Same error pops up.

Created another document revision. Attached no document, just processed with Status > Approve. No problems.

Problem occurs with other document revisions. For the doc revision shown, a pdf document is connected. I viewed the pdf, used save as. Created a new document revision (from scratch). Checked the pdf just saved in. Status is now Preliminary, File Status: Checked In.

Same error message appears. Debug reveals the following:

Looking into DOC_ISSUE_API, I learn that the file size is retrieved using:

Plsqlap_Record_API.Get_Value(activity_rec_, 'FILE_SIZE'); in which activity_rec_ document class, document and other parameters are passed.

This is going into a lot of details.

Anybody seen something like this? I will keep digging.

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 16 August 2022, 21:09

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It shows that the customer is using an FTP location where the data is stored. Simple first thought is that no read access is available, but why am I able to view the Checked In file?

There is no local version anymore due to the Check In step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Could one of the keys for the file reference be wrong there? In some cases we have had bugs that mixes up VIEW and ORIGINAL document types and it happens when we work with PDF files or other files set as Document Type = VIEW.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Mathias Dahl Thanks for thinking with me.

I've prepared a small part of the standard coding to retrieve the file size and ran that. The following I got in return for the document revision that is problematic:

I think I can close this thread, As you are the only respondent I consider your answer the best.

Only thing that we now have to worry, which certificate is running into an error. Idea is now that this is an Oracle database certificate, but I doubt that, since that would give us far more problems than the one mentioned over here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl Thanks for thinking with me.

I've prepared a small part of the standard coding to retrieve the file size and ran that. The following I got in return for the document revision that is problematic:

I think I can close this thread, As you are the only respondent I consider your answer the best.

Only thing that we now have to worry, which certificate is running into an error. Idea is now that this is an Oracle database certificate, but I doubt that, since that would give us far more problems than the one mentioned over here.

Are you saying that you only get the error above for one or only some document revisions? If yes, that is very strange. The error above is much more “low-level” and should have more to do with the setup of, say, IFS Connect, than with Docman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The error occurs on all prelimenary doc revisions to be approved. So it is at low level.

I didn't know IFS Connect is used for the FTP connection. I've briefly checked if there even exists an Oracle certificate, but could find nothing more via the internet search options then getting an Oracle degree/certification. So still in search where this error message is coming from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I didn't know IFS Connect is used for the FTP connection

It’s not, I think. Ignore that part :)

The problem is anyway with the “PLAP”, the PL/SQL Access Provider. We use that when we want to call out to our middle tier (what runs in MWS) from PL/SQL code. In this case we must do that in order to check the size of the file on the FTP server, something we cannot do from PL/SQL.

I cannot advice on how to fix that since it’s a platform setup problem of some sort.

How about creating a new post in the Framework section about this error message in particular? The people reading there might not see this discussion here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Mathias Dahl In the coding it states that a bug solved a specific issue. The Bug Id is: 100733

I have no clue were I can find, as a partner, the content of that bug. Are you able to help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Sorry, I don't know in what way you would get access to it, but I do recommend we do that by the book. Perhaps you as a partner has some contact at IFS that should know?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I had a look at the bug description and the files that was changed and I think it’s not related to your problem here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Weird that the bug is mentioned in Doc_Issue_api:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It is not weird. That bug fixed another error than what you showed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Finaly found that there was one certificate which was not valid anymore. Updated that one and now it works again. So debugging was ok. Hard to have locate the certificate (which server caused the problem).

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back!