Question

Document attachment in customer invoice

• 10 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

How is it possible to implement a document attachment in the customer invoice. An object connection to CustomerOrderInvHead is set up, but in the Customer Invoice view it is not possible to attach documents. Also document revisions already linked to the object are not displayed. The behavior is identical in different Cloud 21R1 installations.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

If you enable the Debug Console in Aurena you can see the LU Name under the Page info tab. That is what you should use as Logical Unit in the Object Connections page.

If you cannot get it to work, provide a screenshot of the page where attachments are not working as well as of the configuration you have added.

Thanks!

/Mathias

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Mathias,

That a replacement for the systeminfo by the new page info are realizable was already known to me.
I have used the LU as marked for the object connection, or it was already present in the standard. However, it is in given place, despite correct configuration, not possible to attach documents. 
Or have I possibly not considered something?

Kind regards
Oliver

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Does it work in any page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

By the way, there is a cache that you might need to refresh once you have enabled a certain entity for document or any other attachments.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I haven't actually checked every page that has an object connection for DocReferenceObject, but to me it looks like it generally works. I have also updated the cache. What surprises me is that the document attachment is missing from the customer order invoice even in other Cloud 21R1 environments.
My first thought is that IFS has changed something structurally and this connection may no longer be possible, or something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

In general, you should be able to get document attachments working on any page. But I know it is possible for us who create the pages to turn it off. If it has been done here or not I cannot say, but there should be a very good reason for doing so, and should also be uncommon.

The reason I asked if it works in other pages is that you might have forgot to grant the necessary projection for the attachments to be seen, for your user. Can your user see it on other pages?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yes, he definitely can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I tested now in our internal 21R1 environment and there, in the same page that you showed above, document attachments are available. The entity/LU name seems to be the same that you used, CustomerOrderInvHead.

I cannot say why it does not work for you/them. It might be some bug that we have not found or it might be related to grants, but then again, it works in other pages for them, so…

You/they might need to file a support case about this. It could be hard to recreate this though since, as you see, it seems to work nicely here.