Question

DOCMAN - delete obsolete documents with API

• 22 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

I look forward to delete in batch some old document revisions.

I expect to do this by planning a Migration Job that would execute some APIs at a given frequence (1/week).

To do this, I need to use the proper API to delete the file from IFS and remove it from the DB.
As I have no possibility to view if the file is deleted from the DB or if it’s only the information on Document Revision “File ref” tab that is suppressed, I’d like to know what is the API to use.

The information I have is : 

• Delete document file : 

EDM_FILE_API.Delete_File_

• Delete document revision : DOC_ISSUE_API.Remove__

==> Are these the right APIs to use ?

NB : There is of course some other tables to deal with (e.g. object connexions), but it’s not the main purpose of this post.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

I would not want to provide a recipe for you on what low-level methods you need to call, since it might change at any time. I recommend that you look at what our clients do. If this is for Apps 10, you will see everything you need in the Debug Console. If it's IFS Cloud, you can see what database calls the projections are doing in the Debug Console or Log window and hopefully call them from the migration job (completely untested).

In theory, you can call our projections, which should be safer (fewer, more high-level calls), via IFS Connect's "REST Sender".