Question

Customize Attachment Panel in AURENE

• 31 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Do we have any chance to remove highlighted buttons from the attachment panel. I need to remove from every form where it is appeared. 

My requirement is to visible and use only the "Create New” button. 

Regards,

Malinda. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think there is no way to hide the commands/buttons since attachments cannot be configured in the page configurator, as far as I know. You might be able to revoke the access to any action used by those commands though. Have a look at the DocumentHome projection and try to revoke any action there that you can see is called from those buttons.

If that doesn't work, perhaps a custom event can be installed to stop users from doing some of those things.

By the way, why would you want to stop a user from navigating to the Document Revisions page?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Thanks for your reply. Simply we are going to use attachment functionality for absence request in AURENA. We do not have a requirement to manage revisions of the documents. Simply it should be only "Create New” button in the panel. 

Regards,

MalinG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Got it, thanks!

I would take the approach of educating your users instead, since making a modification should be relatively costly.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

You can remove some action buttons by not granting the projection action. For example, mark ‘CreateDocument’ as NO for projection DocReferenceObjectAttachmentHandling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

You can remove some action buttons by not granting the projection action. For example, mark ‘CreateDocument’ as NO for projection DocReferenceObjectAttachmentHandling.

Good comment. Yes, that works for commands that are calling an action. But not all are doing that, for example the navigation commands might not. It's a limitation of the security concept that we have, that we can only grant and revoke actions plus grant or revoke editing access to the entity sets.