Solved

Custom tab and the application page

• 31 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have added a new custom tab from the Document Revision. Where can I see the link/connection between new custom tab(I added) and the Document Revision or any other page in  PLSQL ? I want to make quick report for this.

icon

Best answer by Janitha Jinarajadasa 1 September 2021, 12:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit more? Is the custom tab showing a new LU/entity? Does it work? What is the name of the new (or existing) LU/entity? When you added the custom tab, you must have told the system how it should connect the header (upper part of the form) with the new tab, right? That should be the information you need when writing a QR to fetch the data.

/Mathias

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @PriyaJohn ,

Following are the steps to create a new tab in a window

1. Open the application page where you want your new tab to appear.
  2. Open the context menu for that page and click Custom Objects -> Tabs -> Create New...
  3. In the Create New Custom Tab dialog, enter the page you like to attach and a title for the tab.
  4. If the host page has key columns that match columns in the attached page, you will get the standard master detail behavior automatically. If the column names differ you need to specify the column in the table manually. If you do not connect an attribute, you will get a full populate on a table window and on a form page you will see the first record.

This will simply shows you the custom tab. Also when you go to Solution Manager -> User Interface -> Custom Objects -> Custom Tabs and populate the data, you will see the new custom tab you created.

Badge +2

Hi @PriyaJohn ,

Following are the steps to create a new tab in a window

1. Open the application page where you want your new tab to appear.
  2. Open the context menu for that page and click Custom Objects -> Tabs -> Create New...
  3. In the Create New Custom Tab dialog, enter the page you like to attach and a title for the tab.
  4. If the host page has key columns that match columns in the attached page, you will get the standard master detail behavior automatically. If the column names differ you need to specify the column in the table manually. If you do not connect an attribute, you will get a full populate on a table window and on a form page you will see the first record.

This will simply shows you the custom tab. Also when you go to Solution Manager -> User Interface -> Custom Objects -> Custom Tabs and populate the data, you will see the new custom tab you created.

Hi Janitha,

Thank you for your reply and its working now.

Badge +2

Hi, do you know if it necessary to click new to get values in a custom tab populated ?