Question

Cloud21- Documents tab in Project: doc created from here does not attach to the object

• 26 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

In the Project window (i.e. Project Scope and Supply) the Documents tab allows a user to create a document directly from the Project/Subproject/Activity. We promote this as best practice--creating the document directly from the applicable object--as you don’t have to add an additional step to connect the document. This is especially true in the Projects world, as documentation is often extensive in project-based industries. In Apps 10, this works as expected: in the Documents tab I use the function to create a new document and, when I finish, it is connected to the object I created it from: the project, subproject, or activity. However, in Cloud21, I follow this same process but, when complete, the new document is not connected. I have to exit the project, look for the document, and then manually connect it. Is this a bug or a gap in the design?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Edwin, thanks for posting here.

This could be a gap (= we did not get around doing this yet, or forgot it, there are so many features in IEE...) or a bug. To get proper attention to it I recommend you file a support case about it.

Badge +3

Will do. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Badge +3

Mathias, I entered case CS0060804. 

Thanks again,

Edwin

Badge +3

Update: Per Support, it seems to be fixed on R1 SU10  (My customer is on SU7.)