Question

Batch_Transfer_Handler_API procedures not supported in IFS Cloud

• 27 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

In IFS V10, the Batch_Transfer_Handler_API has procedures which I need to use for IFS Cloud to read and transfer files from a folder location. However, these procedures are no more supported in IFS Cloud.

PROCEDURE Read_From_Shared

PROCEDURE Delete_From_Shared

PROCEDURE Upload_To_Db

PROCEDURE Upload_To_Ftp

PROCEDURE Move_From_Shared

NOTE: All the above procedures make a call to Plsqlap_Server_API.Invoke_Record_Impersonate and within this procedure we have :

Error_SYS.Appl_General(lu_name_, 'Procedure Invoke_Record_Impersonate is not supported');

In there any equivalent procedure available in cloud to do these operations? I’m basically uplifting a customization from IFS V10 to IFS Cloud 23R2 and I’m facing a challenge in this particular area. Kindly help.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@LanceP 

Hi,

You are right, those procedures, or at least some of them, don't work anymore. The main reason is that the underlying platform (Kubernetes) is quite different from MWS / Oracle Weblogic that we used before, and simply does not allow us to do the same things, technically.

What, exactly, are you trying to achieve, and why? Perhaps we can suggest alternatives.

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hello @Mathias Dahl ,

Thank you for your response. I’m doing an upliftment of code from V10 to IFS Cloud where in on click of a command button, the file will be fetched from a shared folder path based on certain criteria (by checking the name and revision) and then the file will be attached to  EngPartRevision LU.

All this is coded in a  customized utility package (.plsql file) . Are there any procedures in cloud which do those above operations which I could use in my utility package (.plsql file) ? 

BR,

Lance

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

How about instead keeping those files inside IFS to begin with, as some kind of templates, if that is what those files are. Then it's a piece of cake to make copies of those using PL/SQL code from a custom event or from your custom PL/SQL package.