Solved

automatic Release Document Revision in Background Job after Check-In the EDM-File

• 4 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

we would like to release documents of a certain document class automatically after the document is created so that it is passed in the arichvsystem. For this purpose I have created an event which executes a SQL script when a new record is created in the EDM_FILE_STORAGE_TAB table. This works for many documents, but for some the error "Document with status Operation In Progress cannot be approved:                    ORA-20105: DocIssue.APPROVECHECKEDOUT1" output.

I then already put a break in the script and also attached the event to table EDM_FILE_TAB. All unfortunately without success.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards André

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 6 July 2023, 14:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Andre Martin 

The reason could be that the SQL in your custom event starts executing before the document is completely checked in. Try to find a better triggering point for your event. Perhaps the status of EDM_FILE_TAB changing to CheckedIn might be a good triggering point. But then you need to consider the fact that documents checked out to edit and when they were being checked in also will fire this event.

BR

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Apart from what Amila said (in that case you could check the status of the DocIssue record and only release it if it's not already released), a common trick when creating custom events is to look at log or history entities. In the case of a document revision, the entity of interest is DocumentIssueHistory. I cannot say if a record is added there before or after the file has actually be checked in, but it should be easy enough to try and see if it works. You would want to look for an entry where we record that the document has been checked in. It happens late in the document creation and file check in process.