Solved

Aurena Document Macros SelectAndRun not working

• 14 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

The function to select a macro for example for editing a document is working good in IEE.

We get a question if there are more than one macros defined for one document process.

In IEE it looks like

This dialog is not shown in Aurena. Is there a special parameter which must be set in Aurena to get the same behavior?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 14 October 2022, 15:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ZIGESAMM 

In window “Document class process action” there is a macro option called “SelectAndRun” where you can determine to select the macro when there are more than one macros defined.

Please check whether this is set up for your particular document class process.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

thanks for your reply.

This adjustment is done in our system.

But there is now dialog shown as done in IEE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

We deliberately did not add the possibility to show the macro selection dialog in Aurena. This is based on feedback from customers and consultants, saying it is a feature that is not needed and which just cause confusion. So we simplified things a bit in Aurena.

If there is still a need for the user to decide what should happen (in your case, which macro that should be run), this can be done from inside the macro instead.

I hope this clarifies things.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

ok. thanks for the reply.

Your are right its a better solution with only one macro.

I was confused too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Yasanthi Gunawardena and @Mathias Dahl , your two posts seem to contradict each other here. 

Is it possible to confirm that, SelectAndRun is not possible in Aurena in IFS Cloud? or is it possible?

My testing in 23R1 shows that it does not appear to be possible. So I am not sure why the option is there ? (maybe for legacy upgrades?)

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Yasanthi Gunawardena and @Mathias Dahl , your two posts seem to contradict each other here. 

Is it possible to confirm that, SelectAndRun is not possible in Aurena in IFS Cloud? or is it possible?

I can confirm that we removed the support for SelectAndRun in Aurena and IFS Cloud, trying to simplify things. We found that for most users/customers, that dialog was just an extra burden. Very few, if any, need to ask the user which macro to run and we are trying out and hoping that the more simpler approach will work. If there is a need for a user to make a choice on which macro to run, or in some way affecting the macro execution, this can be programmed inside the macro itself, with some dialog.

We probably should remove that option now that it's not used, but we did not want to remove it before we saw that our customers accepted the new behavior.

I hope makes sense and that it's now clear.