Solved

Attachment opening issue in document revision

• 1 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

In document revision screen in general tab while clicking on View/Edit/Print option I am not able to see the report which is checked in. but from database in EDM_FILE_STORAGE_TAB I can see the PDF report. 

I am getting the information message as shown in the screenshot.

Appreciate any lead or help for the fix.

Thanks in Advance. :relaxed:

icon

Best answer by Janitha Jinarajadasa 1 September 2021, 18:02

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Amitesh_IFS ,

This error "The path does not exist. Press OK to select a new path or press cancel to abort" generally occur if the “local check out path” can not be found.

Please note that in this error message Path X:\xxx\xx\ is not the path that you give for the document (From where the document to be fetched). This path is a special location which is called "Local check out path" and it is unique for a specific user(In this case for the user who try to view). This path can be a location in their PC or a shared drive and it is a basic data that every user should set up. Please follow below test plan to check this basic data setup.

Please check whether this user's "Local check out path" exist or not.

1. Log in as the affected user and Go to Document management/basic data/‘User Settings’.

2. Copy the "Local Check out path"

3. Open file explorer and You can go to this path in the user's computer

4. Check whether it is a correct path. If not please select any correct path in their computer.

5. Go to Document management/basic data/‘User Settings’.

6. delete the current path and give the correct path

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you Janitha for the response, but unfortunately it didn’t work and the checkout path in user setting is a valid path why because It works for other document numbers. I have tried viewing another document number and it worked for me I can see the document. Seems like there’s some issue with this particular document number, which I feel a bit strange thing . :frowning2:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If its only for a one document, then check whether the document revision is having any special characters or spaces. Also can you open the pdf file from database, when you click the file data files (BLOB) in the table?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Janitha Jinarajadasa  Yes I can see and access the pdf file from database, when I click the file data files (BLOB) in the table? where should I check the special characters in specific ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Since issue is in APP8, special characters can be a reason. It can be check in the document revision title and Files Refs. tab

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I can see a difference between working and non working document in File Refs tab the Original file name field is blank in non working doc no, but for working document the same field has value Could this be the reason and if yes how can I update it correctly/fix it ?

non working doc number :

working document no :

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It can not be update from the application now, You will have to do it from the database side. 

Table: EDM_FILE_TAB 

Field: USER_FILE_NAME

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Do you still get the same error as in the first screenshot?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Mathias Dahl Not now. I have compared the working and non working documents and found the difference in file refs tab . so I have corrected as per the working document setup and updated the data in EDM_FILE_TAB  from backend and it worked. :)

@Janitha Jinarajadasa Thanks for the Suggestion and the help :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl Not now. I have compared the working and non working documents and found the difference in file refs tab . so I have corrected as per the working document setup and updated the data in EDM_FILE_TAB  from backend and it worked. :)

@Janitha Jinarajadasa Thanks for the Suggestion and the help :) 

Great! What worries me though is why the file reference data was wrong. We had some bugs in this area some years back, where you work with documents that are normally set as “view copies”, as original files. I.e. PDF files checked in as original files. This should have been fixed quite a while ago though.

Anyway, perhaps it is enough that you now know how to fix these issues if they appear?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Mathias Dahl Yes I know now how to fix such issue in future Thanks as well