Solved

Attach a document to Shop Floor Workbench

• 16 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I want to attach a document to Shop Floor Workbench so that everyone (especially the workers) could read the document before their operations. And I don’t want to attach the file to every operation…

But there’s even no Logical Unit for Shop Floor Workbench to let me activate “DocReferenceObject^” connection. 

Do you have an idea how to make it happen ?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 16 February 2022, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can’t attach things to the workbench because it is just a view into the shop orders showing the next available operation per shop order organized based on the filter.  The attachment needs to be further up the line connected to the inventory part, or the shop order, or the shop order work guidelines depending on what it is you are trying to make available.  Connecting to the routing operations would be for specific instructions for that operation, but drawings for example would best be connected to the inventory part and then transformed via object connection transformations to the point you want to view them at the workbench level.  There are a few posts on the community on this subject, but you won’t find a direct solution to the way you’ve phrased your question because the connection to the workbench doesn’t work in that manner.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You can’t attach things to the workbench because it is just a view into the shop orders showing the next available operation per shop order organized based on the filter.  The attachment needs to be further up the line connected to the inventory part, or the shop order, or the shop order work guidelines depending on what it is you are trying to make available.  Connecting to the routing operations would be for specific instructions for that operation, but drawings for example would best be connected to the inventory part and then transformed via object connection transformations to the point you want to view them at the workbench level.  There are a few posts on the community on this subject, but you won’t find a direct solution to the way you’ve phrased your question because the connection to the workbench doesn’t work in that manner.

Hi ShawnBerk, 

ok, got it. Thank you so much for your quick response and your propositions. I’ll discuss with my colleagues to make our final decision. And if there’s another question related to the subject, I’ll maybe come back to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

With the new 21R2 card mechanism , has the above mentioned feature different. What additional methods are available ? How different it is from other versions to attach i.e. work instructions.