Question

Apps9 Document Management Database table

• 26 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello All,

I’m hoping you can help me, looking at our ftp servers for document management there seems to have been duplication of files (this is around the time last year when we had server issues). Before I just go ahead and delete files from one server I want to check the database itself for these files to see where the database record is pointing to. Unfortunately I can’t seem to locate the table. Table edm_file is just showing the path not the repository address - any ideas on which table I need to check?

Thanks Sarah

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Sarah,

Have a look at this post (there are others as well here):

https://community.ifs.com/framework-and-experience-101/where-are-the-attached-files-physically-stored-in-ifs-2541

Does it answer your question?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

It does help a touch, however last year we had our Nasserver crash and when moving the files to another FTP server we had issues being able to see the files as the database for old files was still pointing to the old location (or so I was told by the then IT manager that has now left the business!) So I’m wanting to belt and braces check before I remove duplicates.

As you can see the exact same file is in two locations both with the same path /docmanlive/invoice

from my SQL query the following is stated

Path is /docmanlive/invoice
Location address is Ilk-Data (our E drive)

To be sure I’m going to just move the location files I don’t think are being used and check I can see them IFS

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the other post

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi again.

You can safely remove the files from your shared folder when you know that all the files there also exist in the FTP server (and with the same or later version). IFS cannot help much with this work.

Docman "obeys" that data you have found there, to 100 %. The contents of EdmFile (file name and path) + EdmLocation (the server name and port number) + EdmLocationUser (username and password) is The Truth, as far as Docman is concerned. It will not look in any other place.

Again, Docman cannot help much making sure you have the correct files in the correct place when you have done a "manual" move of files.

Does this make you more confident?