Question

Approver ID/name missing in docman approval

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, we are on Apps10, update 20.  I am testing event actions to send approval emails for a specific class of document and when I (or any other user) approves their line on the document revision approval tab, the approver ID and name fill in automatically-see line 1 below.  But for my colleague Ryan, he is able to approve but the approver ID and name are blank.  There is no error message. He is on the doc access template with view and edit rights.  I checked many documents and it works fine for other users who approve documents all the time.

This doesn’t seem to be caused by our event action but is coming from standard IFS.  I’ve never seen this before, does anyone have an explanation?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I think I figured this out.  The approver had to be on the access tab in an access person group, just adding them individually on the access tab with their person ID is not enough.  Could be a bug.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

When a Person connected to a User is entered on the Approval tab, either manually or through copying from a template, if the Person does not already have access to the document revision you should have received a message such as this. Saying “Yes” will add this Person to the access definition.