Question

Approval Start Automatization

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Dear IFS Community

I would like to know if there is any way to automatize the process of starting an approval of a document set as “Preliminary” (first image below) when an approval template has been identified in “Document class management” (second image below). 

Is there any standard management or someone has already implemented a custom event about it? 

Best regards, 

Laura

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@BeaLauraA 

Can you elaborate a bit, perhaps using a step-by-step list on what should happen, and when? What should trigger the approval process to start? We cannot do it when the basic data you mention is set up.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello Mathias, 

Thanks for your answer.

I would say :

step 1 : user goes to “upload document” screen

step 2 :  user selects the document to attach

step 3 : user selects the document class

step 4 : user clicks on the “Upload” button that would be the trigger to create the document under the good approval routing (set up on document class management) instead of creating it at “Preliminary” status

Best regards, 

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks, I think I understand. You want the document to automatically be set to Approval In Progress once it has been created. I think it should be possible using a custom event in some form. The challenge is to find a good "triggering point", something that happens at the last moment. If it cannot be found, it might be enough to find some triggering point in the middle of the document creation flow, and use a custom event that created a background job which will set it to Approval In Progress. There are at least a couple of posts here on IFS Community that discuss how to create a custom event that does things in the background. I think if you search for the word "mutating" you will find some, because it's been discussed in the context of "mutating tables".

Good luck!