Solved

An Error occurred while trying to give write access to the file

• 3 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

A user is unable to attach documents to a Customer Order Line.

I found that this user has attached some documents to Customer Oder Lines previously.

Note: Unable to recreate the error using IIFSAPP credentials.

Kindly let me know what should I do to fix this.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 3 February 2022, 11:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Thanks for asking here.

I don't know the answer, but I have a question: could it be that the location where the user selects the file from is read-only, or that the file is read-only? I think we had some problem with that a long time ago. Perhaps that problem is back.

If the user tries the exact same thing (same file, from the same computer) but using IFSAPP, does it work then?

/Mathias

Badge +14

Hi @Mathias Dahl, Thank you very much. I will ask the user to check the file location.

We didn’t try to upload the same file in same computer with IFSAPP.

We will check that one too.

I really appreciate your suggestions, will check those and let you know. :blush:

Badge +14

Hi Mathias, Thank you for the guidance. This is because of the location where the user selects the files from. This is fixed by granting the write permissions to the user for that folder (folder that he is trying to upload from).

Thanks again :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back, good to know the reason behind the problem.

As a background, I know we once had some code that, for some reason, moved the file before it was checked in to IFS. That is not there anymore, but there seems to be some remnant left. We should not have to have write access to the folder where the user selects files to be uploaded/checked in from. If you like you can file a support case for us to look into. If not, that is, you are happy with the workaround you found.