Question

XRechnung in IFS CLOUD Standard

• 27 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

I am deeply wondering why IFS doesn’t have the German E-Invoice Standard XRechnung on its roadmap? It is a legal requirement for all companies to issue B2G invoices in XRechnung XML format.

IFS has developed the Italian E-Invoice scheme and has new formats for French B2G invoices as well as Brazil e-invoices on its roadmap. There is no mention about Germany though.

How is this any different from the other formats? Why doesn’t IFS fulfill legal requirements in this case?

Kind regards,

Nicolas

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello,

there are various service providers or tools that can convert these messages / files into the required format. Here are a few examples: Pagero, Edicom, Sovos, Basware, Forbia.

Therefore, it is not planned to provide country-specific output formats in IFS Standard at the moment.

Our experience for other countries has shown that formats may be changed within too short timeframe which then can lead to a number of problems. Thus, the format conversion which is currently provided by various specialized providers is already the most efficient solution.

Badge +2

Hello, 

we are also facing the requirement to send e-invoice in XRechnung format. Based on my information, it is a requirement from Deutsche Bahn regarding German law.

Pavel

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Our experience for other countries has shown that formats may be changed within too short timeframe which then can lead to a number of problems. Thus, the format conversion which is currently provided by various specialized providers is already the most efficient solution.

Well, to my mind this is the most efficient solution for IFS but not for the customer. It had always been promised to support all legal requirements directly. It is technically all but hard to create this XRechnung file format and you are already supporting plenty of country-specific e-invoice formats. It’s a huge disappointment that IFS is neglecting German customers.