Question

Single Point of Customer Contact

• 8 April 2022
  • 6 replies

We have customer requirement where the customer invoice should be issued from different company than where the order is placed. while the goods and services will be delivered by customer order entity lets say US but the customer wants UK to be the PO, Billing and Payment point due to legal issues.

Did anyone handled this kind of requirement , if yes can you please provide some guidance .

Regards,

KN

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, this is nearly 60% of our orders run this way.  Goods manufactured and shipped from the US (Company 10 in IFS) are sold and invoiced in the UK and Europe (Company 20 in IFS).

We have two customer orders per transaction that are linked.  The Co 10 order is invoiced to the UK company in USD and represents the manufacturing cost for the order, the Co 20 order is invoiced to the external customer in GBP and represents the selling price to the customer.

There is no out of the box solution for this in IFS that I’m aware of, but we’ve been doing this method for a really long time, even before IFS, so it was a core requirement when we went to IFS.  

For the first 4 years of IFS, we entered both orders manually in each company, but for the last 5 years or so, we have an automated copy process to create the manufacturing order.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently we are also processing in same way manually , 2 customer order are being created one on delivery site and another on invoicing site .

on 1st order (on US) the invoice customer will be entered as invoice customer (UK internal customer) and the invoice will be issued to that customer , later 2nd CO will issue invoice to external customer .

Could you please provide some guidance how this process automated. Our client is looking to automate this process rather than creating 2 customer orders they want some permanent solution where in they will create one customer order on US but that somehow should issue invoice to external customer where in invoice copy should have details of UK company rather than US.

@ShawnBerk 

Thank you for the reply.

Currently we are also processing in same way ,where we are creating  2 customer order manually one on delivery site and another on invoicing site .

on 1st order (on US) the invoice customer will be entered as invoice customer (UK internal customer) and the invoice will be issued to that customer , later 2nd CO will issue invoice to external customer .

Could you please provide some guidance how this process automated. Our client is looking to automate this process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It is a custom program to copy the second order from the first order that was manually entered.  I don’t have a solution to do what you are asking with one order.  Both invoices are still performed manually.  It took us about 6 months to work out the mapping, setup the custom tables to hold information to connect the two orders, setup the mapping between the sites (which are sales versus manufacturing sites), which products can come from which sites, etc, etc.  I’m sure our solution wouldn’t transfer, I’m just saying there isn’t a solution outside of the two orders, how they work to a suitable automation solution would require a developer and programming to figure what they need.  Not something I can advise on in a forum post.

Thank you for the response ,

i was thinking that the automation has been done using standard ifs functionality .

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, definitely not, other than using custom logical units and custom fields which are out of the box functionality, but the programming to copy is an API that we had someone write, not IFS.