Question

Shipment Pro Forma Invoice - for none closed shipments

• 16 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 8 replies

Maybe someone have the same requests in their companies. as I've received a request to check shipment proforma invoice details. Document by itself  should be created before phisical shipment is done ( closed) to send to the customer for a customs or any other purpose. Do you know if there's a chance to call that printout with all lines and details but before shipment status = closed? How did you mangaged such cases? Thanks a lot for any hints.

regards, Łukasz

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LXK,

You can print the Pro forma invoice from the shipment even when it is in Completed status which is the status before the Closed and you don't need to delivery the shipment to have then in completed status. You can reserve and pick the lines in the shipment and then set the status of shipment to completed to print the pro forma invoice.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi and thanks for your comments. Sorry maybe I’ve been not clear 100% but the intention was to be able to print shipment proforma before status of shipment equals “closed”  as far as i dig in the documentation the logic created within IFS for printing proforma for shipment relies on status equal to "closed" and I wanted rather know if there's any other workaround to get it printed with shipment status for instance "created"

thanks and regards,
Łukasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LXK ,

Then suggestion would be use the option Print Pro Forma Invoice in the customer order. You can print this in any status & multiple time.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This is something i took into consideration but the request was to do it using shipment proforma invoice. So probably have to design my own crystal form and add report rule as well as right mouse button function to call it. Thanks for help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LXK ,

Probably creating report will be the best option if you need to print Pro Forma at Preliminary status.

Good Luck!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

In Apps 9 there is an “order report” dialogue. Maybe it also exists in Apps 10:

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello and thanks for a hint, unfortunately it isn’t available option within Apps10. 

regards

Łukasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @LKACH, @LXK ,

We do have this option in App 10 . You can print the report using this option for the shipments in Preliminary Status but quantities will be displayed as zero unless it is picked. Logic here is the lines should be picked in order to have correct pro forma invoice. 

This will be same as printing through shipment where you can put the status of the shipment to completed once it is picked and Print Pro Forma Invoice options highlights in shipment.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi and thanks for adding another comment. I’ve made a decision to create own crystal report using report rule as the printout with all information needed independently from shipment status. There are too many changes until it goes to the required status shipment closed that i rather focus on printout to be available and adjustable for customer service dept need, 
nevertheless thanks for all effort and help
best regards
Łukasz