Solved

Set up of Approval routing IFS App9

• 2 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Does anyone have a step by step Best practice on how to set up Approval routing in IFS App9?

I would like to

1. have an approval on the Business Opportunity depending on the value of the business.
  2. Send the business opportunity to a colleague by email
  3. The collague could either approve the BO or reject it
  4. When the BO is approved, have a tick box that says “OK” that the collague could tick

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by anbouk 3 November 2021, 10:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I’ve written this document as a starting point for our departments in setting up this process.  I think it is generic enough to be useful for your question.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ellinor,

Here are a couple of documents that should help you setup an event to automatically create an approval route on the business opportunity, then send a nice email to the person to let them know to approve it, and also and event to stop the opportunity being released until the approvals have been done.

Lycka till!

Antony

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi again Anthony!

I’ve got most of the config correct according to your manuals, thank you so much!

But one thing I am wondering if you could help me with - I am trying to set up a stop event but the trigger is for a custom field in the BO but my key is the standard template. Do you know how I can set up an stop event with a trigger that is in the custom template but with a key in the standard template?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ellinor,

Hmmm, not easy to answer this without knowing the exact details!

I suggest you contact your account manager (Adis Brnicanin) who should be able to help.

Hope that this is ok.

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you Antony! 

Another “issue” with the Approval routing is how you can remove the approval routing?

Lets say that the routing should be activated when a specific field is updated with a specific value, that works with the event. But what if the field is updated with the trigger value but then changed to another value? The approval routing will still be active - Is there a way to “remove” the approval routing automatically then? 

Hopefully you understand my question :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ellinor,

This would be possible but the code would need invoke the delete approval route api instead of creation one but I don’t have an example of this that I can share sorry.