Question

Sending shipment delivery note by email

• 12 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Set up event action on PDF_REPORT_CREATED to send mail for report Shipment delivery note.

I thought the optin to send by email would become available on RMB from the shipment but this is not the case.

On the shipment I have the receiver reference set to customer contact with mail address defined.

This event works for other reports like purchase order and order confirmation.

Should it work also for shipment delivery note?

Regards,

Anna

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

According to my knowledge, in the standard setting in shipment you will not get any option to E-mail as you see in Purchase order and some other windows, even though you complete the prerequisites. 

In Delivery Note Analysis window, you can try RMB > Print Delivery Note > opt to Send E-Mail.

However, in my opinion, if you wish to have an RMB option to E-mail directly from header, I think  you will have to consider a modification with Custom Objects.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@atvanst I’m adding here previous community post on this. Email delivery note option is not available in core application but you can configure it through a customized PDF_REPORT_CREATED event action and report rule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Dear @atvanst,

Using the above post, I was able to configure the generation of email when delivery note is printed.

First setup the EVENT ACTION.

Then setup the Report Rule ( I believe this is required to trigger the email generation when report is printed ) , Action was setup as “SEND EMAIL” and I was tested with User email and you may fulfill your business requirement through RECEIVER EMAIL.

Hope this helps you.