Skip to main content

I want to change the translation of a field, but I don't know how to do it.

In Report Designer I added the field ‘CUST_REF’. The default description is the same as the field above ‘CUST_REF’. How can I change the description of this field on this report?

This is usually easiest just by hardcoding the new label you want into the report (although if you have multiple language requirements that is an extra challenge) :flag_lu:

So you’re getting rid of the dynamic label field and replacing it with a text field.

It’s considerably more effort to try to change the translation within the report logic.

Hi @paul harland ,

Thank you for your response. We use multiple languages for our documents, so I don't think it is efficient to change the labels on all the fields that are not correctly translated.

I prefer a solution at the source, that once the translation is set, the field will be presented correctly on each report. Do you know where and/or how I could change that?

hi @bnzKarin 

that’s beyond my abilities, but as far as i know you have 2 options - either make changes to the specific report’s RPI, that is, the package of code that generates the data for this report; or modify the underlying translations in IFS, in which case I think the change would affect multiple reports.

But maybe a developer on here can advise better.

Hi,

You should head to Translation Manager>Text Translations, find the correct one, do the change and then refresh language cache (might take couple mins.)