Solved

Print pick list as next step in Shipment flow

• 27 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We have created a lobby for warehouse were they see pick lists that are created, but not yet printed. We use the information that comes from “Next step in Shipment Flow”. 

Shipments are reserved by the planner and the picklist is created by a scheduled task. The tick box “Print pick List” is not selected in the task.

Most shipments move as expected in the order flow: Reserve → Create Pick list→ Print Pick List → Report picking

But some shipments moves immediatly from Create Pick List to Report picking. When we look at the pick list, it has not been printed.

I have checked the order types, and they all have the steps described above.

It seems to happen more often when there are only single lines to be delivered on the shipment.

Anyone who knows if we are doing something wrong in the set-up or if this could be a bug?

Thank you in advance!

/Kerstin

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 3 May 2021, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

In the Shipment Type of the Shipment do you have the Stop After check box ticked on the Create Pick List event?

Just a thought that this could be the reason?

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, Have you checked the Shipment Type?

(In fact, I tested this and I think this could be the reason)

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Also, please check whether you have connected different Shipment Types for different customer in Customer > Address > Order Address Info tab. If you have set different Shipment Types for different customers, shipments for those customers will behave accordingly. Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Thank you for your replies! I doublechecked that the shipment types are set upp correct before reproducing the error in TEST. This is what it looks like:

I do not believe this is the issue. It seems to happen more often when it is a single customer order line. Do you have any other ideas?

/Kerstin

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Thank you for your replies! I doublechecked that the shipment types are set upp correct before reproducing the error in TEST. This is what it looks like:

I do not believe this is the issue. It seems to happen more often when it is a single customer order line. Do you have any other ideas?

/Kerstin

Could some of the Picklists created with Create Consolidated Pick list job? 

Above checkbox might automatically print the Pick List. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

/Kerstin

All of our pick lists are created with the Create Consolidated pick list job, which is scheduled to execute every 15 minute. Print Pick list check box is not ticked. I have also reproduced the error when using the scheduled task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi ALHKEST,

Since Create Consolidated pick list job is used without Print Pick list check box ticked. I believe this could be bug in the system. I believe it is better, if this could be reported to IFS as a support case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

/Kerstin

All of our pick lists are created with the Create Consolidated pick list job, which is scheduled to execute every 15 minute. Print Pick list check box is not ticked. I have also reproduced the error when using the scheduled task.

Hi,

As Xavier suggested if you can confirm that this occurs only when you use the said job (even when scheduled), I think it is worth investigating closely by one of Support experts.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Rnd, identified this as a bug 159468 on solution 293681.

Whenever the pick list is created from job Create Consolidated Pick List for Shipment;
> Print Pick List RMB option is not enabled in Shipment header
> Next step does not show Print Pick List in Shipment header