Solved

POCO error while update purchase order

• 22 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear Team,

Please advise on this error.  its coming while updating Purchase order by POCO. i am trying to cancel line through POCO.

icon

Best answer by Dumeesha Wanigarathna 23 August 2021, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ascheeka12 are there any more POCO revisions or is this the only one? You should be doing the cancellation from the latest POCO. Since you need to cancel only 1 line, first RMB and cancel the desired POCo line. Now go to the original PO and RMB > Cancel it again. Please let me know if that works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ascheeka12 ,

If you have several POCOs,  prior to cancelling the line, latest POCO should be with  status POUpdated.

Then cancel the line from PO

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Xavier Fernando  @EnzoFerrari thanks for the respond, but whatever you people suggested i have checked before as well, but the is still same.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ascheeka12 ,

When there is a open change orders then the error comes as below

“An opened change order exists. Please process or cancel the existing change order before applying changes from purchase order confirmation”

You are getting the below error which comes from PROCEDURE Restrict_Po_Header_Update__ . There are many places that pop up POCOEXIST error. I believe that you get the error from this logic as per your explanation.

In the PROCEDURE Check_Update___  you can see the below logic to call PROCEDURE Restrict_Po_Header_Update__ 

Before popping up the error below conditions are checking.

Therefore I guess there’s something wrong with the value fetched for ‘SERVER_DATA_CHANGE’.  This should be 2 when updating from change order and the error comes when it is NULL. In your case I guess the value fetched for that is NULL. (this is a guess depending on the logic). 

The reasons need to be found by adding traces  to the environment you are referring.  

One guess is “enforce Purchase order change order” setting  was changed recently. You may report a case to Global support and Delivery team for further investigation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Dumeesha Wanigarathna thanks a lot for your time on this issue. first i will go through on your explanation points. will update you.