Question

Permission Set Option for Creating/Editing Configuration

• 11 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

What is the permission set option to select to allow View, Edit and Create a Configuration on a Sales Quote?  We are trying to establish a permission set to allow to configure sales quotes, but not other options with the standard sales permission set.  

I have created a custom permission set, that is allowing to Copy From another configuration, but not to create new, view or edit the configuration.  Please point me in the right direction to find the right Presentation Object or Database Object to select to allow for these options.  

Thank you,

The screenshot below is of the Sales Permission set. I’m looking for the View, Edit and Create options to move to my new custom Sales Quotation Permission Set.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS,

I suggest you to try granting necessary permissions for the presentation object: frmViewConfiguration under the component: CFGCHR and see whether if that’s what you expect? Let me know the outcome.

/Ruchintha

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Ruchintha, 

I have that access checked, but unfortunately, that isn’t allowing the Create, View, Edit options.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS,

It’s bit strange why it didn’t work for you. I just tested this out in our APP10 standard environment and could successfully enable those RMBs by setting the permission which I have mentioned. And just to confirm, hope you are checking this for a ‘Configurable’ part.

See the below screenshots:

Before granting the permission to frmViewConfiguration

Corresponding permission set before granting
Corresponding permission set after granting

RMBs enabled as expected

/Ruchintha

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you fore the additional review.  I double checked the following:

• The permission set assigned to the user is the one being edited for configuration create, view & editing.
  • The part being used is a configured Part
  • I have revoked & added back in these permissions.
  • All characteristic Permissions assigned within the frmViewConfiguration Presentation Object

I’m continuing to review.