Solved

Paste Excel table into IFS

• 4 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Me and all my work colleagues have started using IFS, and we all are struggling do simple tasks like pasting tables from Excel.

My problem is the following:

We need to create multiple Quotations Lines in Sales\Quotation\Sales Quotation. And some quotations can have more than 50 quotation lines.

Now the problem is that IFS doesn’t seem to allow a simple copy/paste from an excel table (which we get from clients). Therefore, we need to fill all Quotations Lines cell by cell, row by row, for every  single cell that is on this table (Qty, items requested, items proposed, dicounts, and more). Even the line numbers must inserted manually... As you can guess, this has been extremely frustrating experience, and a huge step back in efficiency, as before thinks were running smoothly.

I’ve done some research and found topics in the forum about:

1. Copy/Paste Object: However, this needs only possible to use from an existing Quotation.
  2. File template: Could be an option, but I’m not sure it can/should be used by End Users, nor how to create it.
  3. IFS Excel Add-on tool: As I undesrtand, only admins can install it. One more time, I’m not sure End Users can/should use it.

And non of these options seems simple enough for other End Users to use.

So my question is:

Is there a simple way for a End User to create multiple Quotation Lines just by copying from an Excel table and pasting it into IFS?

Thanks in advance for your time reading this topic,

Please find below the IFS version that we have.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 5 March 2022, 00:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

First, you have to realize that IFS though arranged with data in rows is not excel, and excel is not IFS, so it shouldn’t be assumed you can copy and paste directly from one to the other.

If you take the IFS information using the copy object function and paste it into a text file, you will see that the data is structured with additional information showing the source of the data that Excel wouldn’t understand directly.

You can create an Excel template file that will allow constructing the concatenated version of the data detail that is needed to copy into to IFS.

Here is a sample from a purchase order:

The first three lines are always required, then the next lines are required based on the view and tab that is selected.

!IFS.COPYOBJECT
$LU=PurchaseOrderLinePart
$VIEW=PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_PART
$RECORD=!
-$0:ORDER_NO=P340992
-$1:VENDOR_NO=10795
-$2:NOTE_ID=40969957
-$3:CURRENCY_CODE=GBP
-$4:OBJSTATE=Released
-$5:DATE_ENTERED=2022-03-04-00.00.00
-$6:COMPANY=20
-$7:REPLICATE_CHANGES=
-$8:ORDER_CONFIRMATION=
-$9:PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_PART_API.GET_ORD_CONF_FOR_CUST(ORDER_NO, LINE_NO, RELEASE_NO)=FALSE
-$10:CURRENCY_RATE=1
-$11:LINE_NO=1
-$12:RELEASE_NO=1
-$13:PART_NO=A1788-3011
-$14:DESCRIPTION=POWER FAILURE DETECT BOX ASSEMBLY
-$15:BUY_QTY_DUE=10
-$16:PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER_API.GET_VENDOR_PART_NO(CONTRACT,PART_NO,VENDOR_NO)=
-$17:PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER_API.GET_VENDOR_PART_DESCRIPTION(CONTRACT,PART_NO,VENDOR_NO)=
-$18:BUY_UNIT_MEAS=EA
-$19:SUPP_BLK_PART_API.GET_STANDARD_ORDER_QTY(BLANKET_ORDER,BLANKET_LINE)=
-$20:PLANNED_RECEIPT_DATE=2022-03-10-00.00.00
-$21:PLANNED_ARRIVAL_DATE=2022-03-10-00.00.00
-$22:PLANNED_DELIVERY_DATE=2022-03-10-00.00.00
-$23:WANTED_DELIVERY_DATE=2022-03-10-00.00.00
-$24:PROMISED_DELIVERY_DATE=2022-03-10-00.00.00

Use copy object and paste from the Quotation Lines you are using to see the format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Select one row of data and then RMB > Copy Object from the overview or tab you want to use, then paste to Sheet 2 of this spreadsheet.

Rearrange Sheet 1 to have your data arranged in columns A through D (plus however many more you need), when you are ready, copy rows E1 through Exx and use Paste Object into the tab or overview screen.

Once you get the template setup for what minimum information you need, you read the info into the template, then copy the final value into IFS.  Obviously you will need one column inserted in the range A through D for whatever your initial exported copy looks like.

This becomes a user proof way of entering data once you get it designed and it is the translation between Excel and the IFS version of text.

Badge +2

Thanks ShawnBerk,

Your answer, led me to understand you it Paste Object from IFS works with Excel!
I also found an excelent file “IFS INPUT TOOL.xlsx” in topic Excel Input (Paste Object) Tool that helped me get to final result.

Best Regards!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Just coming back on this @tiagoalsimao @ShawnBerk  is it possible to do this in IFS cloud?

Would be great to have something where you just have a simple Aurena GRID where you can copy paste some data, and then maybe with some scripting that you can go over each row and push it into IFS?

Is something like that possible? As otherwise you have to resort to some excel file and then a script that calls the IFS api etc? Which makes it a bit more complicated?