Question

NON INVENTORY PART CREATION

• 2 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

please let me know any one how can i create non inventory part for Transport charges & mapping the posting controls? (IFS)

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

Is there a specific reason why you do not want to use “Sales Charge Types” 

or Purchase Charge Types

instead of creating a Non - Inventory Part?

BR,

Martin

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI martin,

Thanx for the reply.i have created sales charge type & it s not loading to the charge Type list when we creating customer order.when we type manually sales charge type then it detect from the system though not allowing to save.

1).charge Type

2).customer order

3).manually type & saving.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lasitha702 , if you create a Sales Charge Type with category “Freight”, there is a separate basic data setup you need to do for this charge to be appear in the CO > Charges tab. Freight Map and Freight Price List are the main basic data that you need to set up to calculate freight charges.

But if your purpose is to simply add a fixed freight charge, you may create a Sales Charge Type with Category “Other” and set the description as you want (e.g. Transport Charges). Then you will be able to see this charge type from the list in CO > Charges. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI Ravinatha,

That is working.Thank you for the support.

Regards,

Lasitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI Ravi,

do we need to set posting controls?because posting error is appearing as below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lasitha702 , please check the Code Part Demands tab for your Account 4111000 to see whether any Code Parts used by your Finance Department has been blocked for this account.

If you still get the error, please send us a Support ticket so we can further check and investigate.

Thanks.