Question

Kits in IFS

• 20 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey Everyone, 

I am curious, in what ways do you sell / create kits in IFS. I was reading that it’s possible to sell a kit and have it be constructed the moment it’s sold, but I don’t see an obvious way of doing this.

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

If I have understood your requirement correct, I think the Package Part concept in IFS Cloud/Applications could be used to achieve this. You can define a Sales Part to be a Package Part and then define the components included in the Package Part. In the Customer Order you are selling the Package Part and the components are reserved, picked, etc.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

If I have understood your requirement correct, I think the Package Part concept in IFS Cloud/Applications could be used to achieve this. You can define a Sales Part to be a Package Part and then define the components included in the Package Part. In the Customer Order you are selling the Package Part and the components are reserved, picked, etc.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hello,

That’s what my current assumption is as well. I keep hearing back from my user that when they enter a customer order with a package part, it doesn’t look at the availability of the components. However, on the new question on IFS community someone has told me it does check for components. I assume it does work this way because it wouldn’t make much sense if it didn’t. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I haven’t looked into the topic of availability of the package part based on availability of the components for some years. But I guess it should work fine as it is mentioned in the other post.

I am not sure if you mean the Availability check or more like just seeing the availability?

//Fredrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Good Morning,

The availability check still works with Packaged parts. The availability check is driven by the components within the structure. If the structure contains 2 items, PARTA with availability check enabled and PARTB with availability check disabled then the availability check will only take place for PARTA.

When the order line is created for the package part the planned delivery date will be realigned based on the longest lead time part (if issues are found with both)

Pre Cloud - I would check the settings within the Misc Part Info Tab (Inventory Part) and validate that the availability check is enabled for the component parts.

Cloud - Main - Supply and Demand Controls

Regards,

Jamie

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We have set the part up as Manufactured and processed on a Shop Order.  A bit heavy-handed but just another alternate.  I think we found we couldn’t easily manage seeing shortages using Package Parts ( I may be wrong - it’s bee a while!)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We have set the part up as Manufactured and processed on a Shop Order.  A bit heavy-handed but just another alternate.  I think we found we couldn’t easily manage seeing shortages using Package Parts ( I may be wrong - it’s bee a while!)

That was the other option we were thinking of. The downfall is having our shipping team doing this.