Question

Freight costs and consolidated shipments

• 4 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Hello!  I am Solution Architect for IFS here in the US and am wondering about a situation that arose.

We have a customer that puts several shipments to several of their customers on 1 truck (consolidated shipment) and want to distribute the freight cost for that consolidated shipment to all of the orders on that shipment by a formula that includes factors such as weight contribution of each order delivered and the distance of the drop-off to the customer from the shipping point.
Has anyone ever encountered this and if so, what was your resolution? This company does about 50,000 of these truck shipments a year with freight charges in excess of $60 million so this is very important to them.

Thanks!

Vernon Anderson

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Vernon Anderson,

This sounds interesting, so I did a small search on this and thinking to help you. 

If you can check, the documentation says below,

So I am wondering how you can invoice back at CO, when you should use shipment invoices. 

However, if you need to invoice the COs which are connected to the Shipment, and if you know the weight, distance and required information, why would it be not possible to have freight charges in CO and follow the normal way. Can you tell  why?

Even if you think of a modification, standard functionality above highlighted would be a real challenge. However, I know that is your expertise :) 
Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Vernon Anderson ,

We have done a customization for one of our customer using the same logic available in Multi-Site Shipment extension. However we did it to Order level invoicing. But may be it can be used for Shipment also if you are attaching the orders to shipment after the Charge Calculation.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila