Question

Differences between Representatives, Coordinators and Salespersons?

• 26 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

We are in the final stages of Aurena Apps 10 implementation and I work in CRM and Call Center and I want to make sure we have all understood the sales roles correctly.  

If I create a quote or an order, I think:  

• the coordinator creates the quote/order, but is not responsible for it 
  • the representative is responsible for the quote/order
  • the main representative is the representative’s senior and can override their work
  • the salesperson can be internal (colleague) or external (e.g. reseller)

Is this right? 

TIA
Kezzia

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KezziaK ,

We do not use the CRM at present and I think representative must be within the CRM module I do not see it on the customer order or sales quotation which we use in our environment.  We are running IFS Application 10 Update 8.

Looks to me like you have the proper understanding of the Coordinator, Main Representative and Salesperson.   I’ve included the definitions IFS provides for Coordinator, Main Representative and Salesperson as well. 

Coordinator - The person usually responsible for coordinating the handling of sales quotations and customer orders.  A default coordinator can be connected to your user in the Sites per User window. If this is done, the coordinator is automatically retrieved when, for example, entering a sales quotation or a customer order. The coordinator and coordinator group controls the number series of sales quotations and customer orders.

Main Representative - The user responsible for the sales quotation or customer order.

Salesperson - The salesperson responsible for the prospect, customer, or a specific order. Statistics and pre-postings can be based on the salesperson. Salespersons are based on the person record and are entered as basic data in IFS/Customer Orders. You can connect a salesperson to the customer, either at the customer information registration or at the order registration.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi William - this is fantastic - thank you so much.

Where can I find these formal definitions, are they within the online documentation? I did have a look but couldn’t see them… 

Best,

Kezzia