Solved

Customer Template functionality

• 1 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 45 replies

Does anyone have documentation of this functionality in terms of what data it copies from the customer template? 

I’ve looked on the IFS documentation website but I can't seem to find the details on it.

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 1 November 2023, 22:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hoi @JoDe Goedmiddag

Do you think the following thread will help you?

How to use customer templates | IFS Community

Also I noticed it was mentioned here in the Cloud Docs:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi again @JoDe to answer specifically, I tried this in IFS right now, info from all the main tabs - General, Address, Contact, Comm Method, Invoice, Payment, Credit Info, Order were copied.

What I would do is create just a template customer for new customer process. This Template customer might not be a real customer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Asela Munasinghe Asela, Thank you for your quick response. 

Unfortunately this does not fully cover my question since I still don't know what parts are or aren't copied with this functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

As I noticed from what I tested - seems everything you filled in the template customer are copied. 

Probably its a good idea to have every possible field filled in and they copy that to a quick registered customer. Won’t take long I think. Sorry I don’t have the cloud enviornment yet, we are still using IFS9

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Asela Munasinghe ,

Before this ticket I've tested it in the Cloud version as well. However, there were some discrepancies which I wanted to check with the documentation.

I've created some support tickets to get some (probable) bugs fixed.

Thank you for your answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@JoDe oh ok.

One thing I try to negotiate with IFS on my support tickets is that requesting IFS to complete some of the missing info on the help docs. That’s going to save us loads of time I think when solving issues like these :) 

Also if IFS provides imporatnt info regarding the your support ticket related to this topic, kindly update here for the benefit of others.

Thanks and stay safe from the storm.