Question

Customer Schedule - How To?

• 16 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m trying to familiarize myself with Customer Schedule in order to fulfill a demand from a customer. But I’m getting a bit lost in the complexity of theset-up and basic data. Does anybody have a decent how-to manual to implement Customer Schedules in a basic format so I can build on that info?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

In order to do this you require A customer schedule agreement, as well as a customer schedule agreement per part, must have been entered and activated.

And also a sales part cross reference has to be created.

Once you have a Sales part cross reference then you need to create a ‘Customer schedule agreement and Customer schedule agreement part . both need to be at active status.

After that we can create customer schedules ( plan or calloff )

There are two types of schedules: plans and call-offs. The data included in these two schedules is virtually identical, though the meaning is usually different. In general, a customer plan is used to transmit future forecasts for planning purposes. This is equivalent to a customer sharing his MRP output with the supplier for future dates. A call-off generally represents specific shipping instructions for near-term. Call-off delivery information always overrides plan information.

The customer schedule is entered in two steps: the header and then the schedule lines. The schedule header includes the customer, schedule type, shipping address, customer part number, and validity dates for the schedule. The lines are used for indicating the desired quantities and dates for the part in question.

When dealing with customer schedules reconciliation is important .

reconciliation means When a new customer schedule arrives, it is considered an override of previous schedule information for the same time period. The reconciliation process is designed to bring newly arrived schedules up to date, based on an alignment of the customer's and the company's delivery records.

For detailed information about reconciliation kindly go through below IFS documentation.

http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/documentation/en/default.htm?openpage=http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/documentation/en/Cussch/frmCustomerSchedule.htm

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m still no closer to the solution here. The link above is not accessible.

The whole idea is to create a call-off schedule. Customer will buy goods over the course of a year with an average of X units per month. This will be done by an ‘On Demand’ Custome order (not in advance). 

So the steps I already took - in accordance with online help file - are:

- Creates Sales part Cross Reference

- Created Reconciler

- Created Approver

- Created Scheduled line type

- Created schedule agreement header

-  Enter Customer Schedule Agreement Terms

-  Enter Tolerance Check Data on Customer Schedule Agreement Part

-  Enter Parts on Customer Schedule Agreement

(I don’t use the customer schedule agreement part - all parts (= only 1 in this case) will follow the parameters in the schedule agreement).

- Activate Customer Schedule Agreement

- Enter Customer Schedule Header

- Perform Reconciliation

- Perform Customer Tolerance Check, Manually

- Approve customer schedule header

- Release Customer Schedule, Manually

In some way it should be possible to have my customer orders created from the customer schedule right? How does that work?

I have my schedule in place, what do we do when the customer sends his PO for the first month to order X pcs of this part?

I hope somebody can give some additional pointers here. That would be very much appreciated!

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

In older versions, an empty customer order needs to be created first, then it is added to the customer schedule agreement part supply tab.. When schedules are released, lines are added to the order based on the different parameters. Line type, Schedule type, delivery authorization etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @BOAABAIN ,

Thanks for the reply. This looks highly identical to the current set-up in cloud.

Here you have the option to use ‘Create in Advance’ or ‘Create on demand’. When you select ‘Create on demand,’ no order no is required. With ‘Create in advance’ an order no is mandatory. The combination: Order no + create on demand will result in an error.

I managed to use ‘Create in Advance’ and link this to an empty CO. Unfortunately, releasing the Customer schedule didn’t result in lines being pushed to that CO. 

So despite the wonderfull tips, but the solution is still out of my reach. :-(

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

My only other suggestion would be to check the demand type of the schedule line type. The logic wont add Information only schedule lines to a customer order

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for the info @BOAABAIN .

Using a different schedule line type I was indeed able to have customer schedule lines be pushed into an existing empty CO. So that is progress already.

But our customer has a problem with the fixed amounts being used. Basically their end-customer will just tell them - we will buy 10 000 pcs in the next year but they never know exactly how many it will be in any given week. So they have some safety stock but it could be that tomorrow the customer asks for 100 Pcs, and next week Monday 25 pcs, and next week friday another 50.

So instead of having my CO predefined, I wanted to check if I can use ‘Create on Demand’. But that doesn’t seem to work out. It seems I’ve got myself stuck with a Customer Schedule in ‘Release Exception’ and I find no way how to ‘unblock’ it. 

Using ‘Customer Schedule merged line’ didn’t do anything to get me out of this trap :-(.

Any suggestions or experience?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

‘Release Exception’ is a big catch all for many scenarios, but mostly I’ve seen it come from trying to release lines for dates that have shipments in process, or already completed/invoiced. Or trying to release a new customer schedule when the previous schedule was not properly dealt with. Below is from the online documentation. It goes into further detail about the PO Information Use Option. 

• If the schedule line is converted into a customer order line and already reserved and delivered to the customer, the schedule line will receive Release Exception status and will need manual intervention.