Question

Customer Agreement in Incoming Customer Order Message

• 30 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there a way to receive Customer Agreement ID in Incoming Customer Order message from external customer. In client you can enter Customer Agreement manually and use Customer Agreements that are excluded from automatic pricing. But it seems to me that you cannot do that when you receive Customer Order with message. So you can only use automatic pricing there even if customer is aware of those Agreement ID:s and is able to send those when placing order.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @TKGJARKKSE,

In standard IFS apps 10 system, it is not possible to receive an incoming customer order message with a predefined customer agreement ID.

On the other hand, if your customer has a valid customer agreement and it is excluded from Auto-pricing, you will anyway have to enter it manually after converting your incoming order to a customer order because such an agreement is not automatically fetched even for a manually created customer order. 

However, if your business demands having predefined customer agreement IDs in incoming customer order message you can go for a customization and thereby accomplish your requirement. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi I do not think that should be a customization. It should be part of standard process and missing Customer Agreement there is a bug. As you say a Customer Agreement that is excluded from automatic pricing, can be given manually in manual Customer Order header entry. Incoming CO message creates CO header and lines and therefore it should allow to bring in Customer Agreement ID. And if it not set in message then use standard pricing logic to fetch the default just like manual CO header entry.
Customer that is ordering using these messages knows the agreements they have. And if they want to use project type of agreement defined for one specific purpose they should be able to do it.

So I think this should be added as a standard functionality. Simply add that field in message contents. CO header logic should be able to handle the remining process.