Solved

CRM Panel - Permissions

• 19 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

Which Presentation Objects need to be granted to grant access to CRM Panel or Outlook Add-in in APPS 10?

We are able to access everything as IFSAPP user but things don’t work for regular users who have been granted IFS_FULL permission set (gives access to all screens in IFS).

We ensured the following objects have been checked for IFS_FULL:

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mohamed Infaz 24 February 2021, 09:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Srikanth,

Have you try granting the projections as well, also what UPD is you on currently as i see there is a certain bug fix created in Apps10 UPD8, but not necessarily the issue you are facing at the moment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The client is on UPD8.

I am not sure granting Projections will resolve the issue as this is affecting IEE interface. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Srikanth,

There is no direct interface for the CRM panel in IFS enterprise explorer or Aurena, Panel is only available in Microsoft Outlook. Are you mean to say that the end-users unable to access the basic data windows which would in return display information in the outlook CRM panel? If that’s the case please try to grant presentation objects by the navigator. 

I discussed this with the product Development and they stated in order to CRM panel to work this RmPanelHandling projection should be granted. 

As panel uses OData related API’s in order to read the data from the database. Let me know if that helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

This resolved the issue, thanks!

Now, the user is still getting the same type of error when trying to save the email. Interestingly enough, it still loads the email into IFS applications.  My understanding is that when you click the save to CRM button in outlook, it should open up and IFS assistant to select some option when saving the email.

Is this the right assumption? Any reason why that could be?

Thanks once again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Srikanth,

There were few bug ids found for inconsistent behaviour in this button, however, some of the issues are already fixed in UPD8 as your client is already in UPD8. Your assumptions are reasonable, you can probably raise a case to Support to investigate this behaviour. But since there is UPD10 already out, most of the issues could be fixed there, so it's better to take UPD10 before raising a case.