Question

CRM Panel / How do I stop Outlook from switching to new Teams when making calls using the call icon in the CRM panel.

• 10 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Currently when I click on the call icon in the panel, I automatically get navigated to the new Teams -

When I select “Not right now”, the call doesn’t go through -

Is there a way I can stop this prompt for switching to new Teams and use the old Teams to make the call?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @Priyanka.Massey ,

Will this come always? and what happens when you just open the teams without using the panel? (as I know this prompt will come once in Teams and it will save the preference. So it will work afterwards with old teams)

Best regards,

Masheesh

Badge +4

Hi @Masheesh 

Thanks for responding :) 

It is working now in the old teams. The call is going through. However, if I switch to the new teams and then attempt to make the call, the call doesn’t go through.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Priyanka.Massey ,

Should be a problem with your Teams version?

I have following setup and installed and it works fine.

Badge +4

HI @Masheesh The team's version is fine on my end. However, we have identified a new issue. The call option gives the below error message when attempting to make a call in New Outlook - 

Only get this error when attempting to make the call via the CRM Panel in the New Outlook. I can make a team call in New Outlook when not using the CRM Panel and call someone directly using Outlook contact info..