Question

CRM/ Outlook Queries

• 17 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

We have a couple questions on email/Outlook from within CRM.

1. Emails being sent directly out of Outlook are not automatically linking to CRM so the email list in CRM is incomplete.
  2. From within CRM, we are getting an error message when he hits “send and save”. The specific process is below:

1. Starting in customer-crm
  2. Click on the email address that is under contacts.
  3. Write the email and hit “send and save”
  4. The email will not send and it gives me an error message.
  5. Error message states”error while trying to send and save to ifs”

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @EBurrowsCS ,

Regarding your first point,

If you use direct send from outlook (without using “Send and Save”), it won’t be saved in CRM.

Regarding 2nd point (send and save) , let me know your inputs on below points,

1. Do you use exchange on-premise or exchange online server?
  2. If it is on-premise version, then please check whether you are using the manifest file which has EWS flag enabled. (in Apps10 you can download the correct template from add-ons page, in cloud you can generate the manifest file by using “Generate Manifest File” page and by giving correct parameters).
  3. Do you see relevant business mail record is created in Aurena after you got the send and save error? although you get an error in send and save, business mail can be created. and please check To, CC fields are populated correctly in business mail.
  4. What happens if you use “Save to CRM” for a mail (which is already in your inbox)?
  5. Let me know your outlook version as well.
  6. Do you try to send and save a mail with attachments? If yes, could you please try a new mail without attachments (including no images in the body as well). So basically you can enter some dummy text in the mail body or keep it empty.
  7. What are the values given in CRM/SRM Panel setting page of Aurena,

Best regards,

Masheesh