Question

Create a line with a negative amount in the customer invoices

• 25 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Context : My client sells services to his customers (so non inventory parts). Following an absence or a lack of service, the customer can ask my client to make appear a line with negative amount in the invoice. How can I achieve that with IFS using Customer Orders ?

I saw that the system is built in a way that the quantity and the price in the customer order line cannot be negativ, is there a way to change that ?

If not, I read other posts and for example the use of Campaign/Sales Promotions Functionality does not fit this case. So, two options could work but your ideas might enlighten me:

1/ I think that IFS is built in a way that I should use discounts in order to do what I want and adapt it a bit. However there are two things I could not fix yet : my client does not work with % and I could not be able to enter an amount, I want to see an additional negativ line in the invoice.

2/ I manage to do what I want using the tab “Charges” in the customer order. You can enter negative quantity, however this is a bypassing of the initial use so I dont feel confortable with it. Plus the posting that should follow this negativ line must be the same as the customer order line related to it.

Should you have some idea, I will appreciate.

Paul

This topic has been closed for comments