Question

Colorado Delivery Fee

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Effective July 1, 2022, Colorado imposes a retail delivery fee on all deliveries by motor vehicle to a location in Colorado with at least one item of tangible personal property subject to state sales or use tax.

The retailer or marketplace facilitator that collects the sales or use tax on the tangible personal property sold and delivered, including delivery by a third party, is liable to collect and remit the retail delivery fee. Deliveries include when any taxable goods are mailed, shipped, or otherwise delivered by motor vehicle to a purchaser in Colorado.

The fee also needs to be listed separately on customer invoices. 

Now if you put in a sales charge connected to the customer that is based in Colorado, you could perform this automatically

But has anyone figured a good way to cover single occurrence shipments into the state?  or where the customer based in Colorado ships it outside of the state so you don't collect the amount?    

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @alackas 

Please correct me if I am wrong - The question seems more like seeking an insight into a best practice than how to use it in the IFS Application. In that regard, did you try discussing within the InFocus User Group in North America? I thought someone doing business in Colorado could help out. 

InFocuS the IFS North America User Group Overview | IFS Community

By the way, which IFS Track are you in? App9, App10 or the Cloud? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We are currently on Apps 9 with an Apps 10 upgrade in progress.    We currently are using the Avalara tax for US and Canada and have found a way to incorporate this into Avalara.  But the IFS implementation of Avalara does not bring back the individual tax codes from Avalara back into IFS.   Thus we have difficulties in trying to figure how to meet the requirement of printing on the invoice that there is a .27 retail delivery fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @alackas I haven’t worked with Avalara, hence have no idea, sorry. Following webinars might be useful for you though. 

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/4c8b006abd3344ea9a62605ba7c00c31/recording/acb48fe991714bdcb3aa7586201cf97d/watch?source=CHANNEL

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/4c8b006abd3344ea9a62605ba7c00c31/recording/8c00d12b695c4f0685ccfa0934055df7/watch?source=CHANNEL

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

For now we are going to address this by adding a new tax in Avalara for Colorado to collect the 27 cents per order.  This will collect the info and since we use avalara to pay the taxes to the states, we can hopefully use their services to pay the fee.