Question

Business Mail - How to populate 'Main Customer Name' field & others

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi ALL,

We are looking to see if anyone knows how to get the ‘Main Customer Name’ field to populate in Business Mail?

We were told it would work in UPD8, then UPD10, and still nothing is happening.

We thought it would take the customer contact from the Business Mail, and grab the customer# from that association and then fill in the field. That does not seem to be the case. There are also other fields that seem linked to this as well:

• Main Customer ID
  • Customer Address
  • Main Cust Contact ID
  • Main Cust Contact Name

Thank you in Advance for your help :) 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi montez.knowles.
You said it was going to be addressed in UPD8 and UPD10? Can you please share a case ID in order for me to check?
Also, how did you configure your Custom Fields?
Best Regards,
Ata

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Ata, 

I work with Montez. The case# is G2156422.

Thank you,

Natalie

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Natalie,
I checked the case you gave me. Are any customizations involved, here? Or are the fields you have in your above screenshot custom fields?
BR Ata 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Ata, 

The fields shown in the screenshot above are NOT custom fields, however we do have some custom fields that have been added that are not shown in the screen.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Natalie,
please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that you have a malfunctioning customization, as the above fields are not fields from the standard Business Mail page. In this case, please open a new case to get your customization fixed.

Unfortunately it is very hard for the community to provide help with customizations.

But as the Product Manager of CRM your requirement to have fields giving you information about the sender of and his customer no. and details has been noted. I will make sure this is addressed in future releases of our CRM.

Please come back to me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Ata

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Actually these columns are standard fields but they are not visible by default. I did a quick test in our test environment and I can also see that they are empty. It seems that there has been a misunderstanding in the case you reported. This issue has not been investigated by RnD so we have not provided any correction for this so far. As Ata mentioned, please register a new case so we can find the reason for the issue and, if possible, provide a correction.

Best Regards,
Anna  

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you Anna! We will log a new case and will include your comments. We appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Natalie

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Annjse - we have logged a new case G2261290, and have requested the old one be closed.