Question

B2B product attachments

• 28 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

When using the B2B portal for customers, I can review all the products available for me. When I jump to the product details, in the Attachments tab I can see the Media items, but Documents is not available. Can a user somehow see the attached documents from Sales Part? There might be important product specifications and warranties that are necessary for the customer.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Tuukka I have the same question with regards to document types other than images under product details. Tagging IFS experts  @Mathias Dahl and @anmise who had solved related posts that I noticed in the community. They might have an answer 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

After some investigation, it seems like you must have specific components DOCBB and PCMBB installed in the system. The document visibility in B2B portal is managed under the MRO or Service component basic data, which seems kinda strange because there might be cases where the customer doesn’t have MRO or Service processes, but they still want to show documents to the user in B2B portal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

After some investigation, it seems like you must have specific components DOCBB and PCMBB installed in the system. The document visibility in B2B portal is managed under the MRO or Service component basic data, which seems kinda strange because there might be cases where the customer doesn’t have MRO or Service processes, but they still want to show documents to the user in B2B portal.

You are right and we actually did not realize this unfortunate dependency until very recently. For IFS Cloud we will make sure that you don’t need PCMBB to setup the B2B document classes and formats.

If this is a major problem on Apps 10, file a support case and we can look into it for that version as well. And/or I actually think you can open the form if you know the name, even if you don’t have PCMBB. The form itself is, I think, in DOCMAN or DOCBB.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You are right and we actually did not realize this unfortunate dependency until very recently. For IFS Cloud we will make sure that you don’t need PCMBB to setup the B2B document classes and formats.

If this is a major problem on Apps 10, file a support case and we can look into it for that version as well. And/or I actually think you can open the form if you know the name, even if you don’t have PCMBB. The form itself is, I think, in DOCMAN or DOCBB.

The subpage “B2B Doc Classes and Formats” is indeed in the DOCBB component. I tried your suggestion with a direct URL ( ifsapf:frmDocbbClassFormat ) but unfortunately it does not work… However, it does work in another environment that has PCMBB installed, so the dependency is still affecting this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for testing!

Could it be a granting/permission set issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for testing!

Could it be a granting/permission set issue?

I have the view DOCBB_CLASS_FORMAT_B2B and related API granted, so it shouldn’t be a permission problem. Seems like the necessary projection from Aurena perspective is “DocumentHomeB2b” but that doesn’t exist at all in my customer’s environment. Here is a screenshot from another environment that has PCMBB installed. Unfortunately this seems to be an issue that won’t be solved without installing PCMBB or getting a code patch to Apps10...

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Just to be clear, when I said to check the grants/permission set, I was referring to this:

>  I tried your suggestion with a direct URL ( ifsapf:frmDocbbClassFormat ) but unfortunately it does not work…

My memory fails me now, but you should need to grant the whole presentation object connected to the B2B basic data form, and not only grant that view, in order to be able to use that form. Right?

About the DocumentHomeB2b projection, if that is not there, then DOCBB has not been installed, or installed properly/fully. It’s not part of PCMBB.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Just to be clear, when I said to check the grants/permission set, I was referring to this:

>  I tried your suggestion with a direct URL ( ifsapf:frmDocbbClassFormat ) but unfortunately it does not work…

My memory fails me now, but you should need to grant the whole presentation object connected to the B2B basic data form, and not only grant that view, in order to be able to use that form. Right?

About the DocumentHomeB2b projection, if that is not there, then DOCBB has not been installed, or installed properly/fully. It’s not part of PCMBB.

The presentation objects was also fully granted when I tested. I think you are onto something, that DOCBB might not have been fully or properly installed. We need to investigate this with our technical consultant.

Thank you Mathias for your help, it’s given some light to this matter!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Welcome! Let us know what you find out.