Approving customer quotations in IFS

• 29 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 943 replies

Hi everybody,

many employees from sales ask me for a approving function in customer quotations.

For example:

If the total amout is over than 10.000 Euro then employees X and Y need to approve it before you can release it or turn it into a custmer order.

Is something like this possible in IFS Apps 10 or Cloud? Actually we use IFS Apps 9.

Thank you and kind regards.

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 30 December 2021, 09:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Link , you are thinking of something like authorizing Sales Quotation before converting to CO right?

Did you notice this post? The suggestion is to get it done through a Custom Event in IFS9

Autorisation of sales quotations | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Link , you are thinking of something like authorizing Sales Quotation before converting to CO right?

Did you notice this post? The suggestion is to get it done through a Custom Event in IFS9

Autorisation of sales quotations | IFS Community

Hi @Asela Munasinghe,

yes, something like this. Is there any standard functions in IFS Cloud? Because we will upgrade our IFS Apps9. Do you happen to know?

Thank you and kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I had previously watched some of these videos on the new features in IFS Cloud, can’t remember seeing it as being introduced as a new feature. (Of course, I did not cover all the updates comprehensively)

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-cloud-version-updates-197

So I think even if you decide to configure an above like Custom Event in IFS9, it might be possible to uplift when you are upgrading to the cloud. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I had previously watched some of these videos on the new features in IFS Cloud, can’t remember seeing it as being introduced as a new feature. (Of course, I did not cover all the updates comprehensively)

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-cloud-version-updates-197

So I think even if you decide to configure an above like Custom Event in IFS9, it might be possible to uplift when you are upgrading to the cloud. 

Thak you very much @Asela Munasinghe.

We have a lot of exceptions in our approval rules. It is not easy to cover it wiht custom events - in my opinion impossible. :-)

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Link sorry to hear that. Anyways, If you think my answer helped answer your question you may mark it as the best answer. That’ll help others on the community searching on the same topic as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Link sorry to hear that. Anyways, If you think my answer helped answer your question you may mark it as the best answer. That’ll help others on the community searching on the same topic as well. 

Hi @Asela Munasinghe,

sure, but in this case I can’t mark it as the best answer. Only if I create a question. This is an idea.

If I am wrong then teach me please. :-)

Best regards