Question

Applying sales promotion deal

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have followed all the steps below to create a sales campaign but this is not working.

1. Create a Sales Charge Type with Charge Category Promotion. 
  2. Create a Campaign with a Sales Start Date today and a Sales End Date a couple of weeks ahead.
  3. In the Sales Promotions tab, add Deal ID 1 with the Charge Type from step 1. Enter a Buy ID and then enter the Sales Part and Min Qty. In the Get section, select the radio button for Discount (could also be price or discount amount) and add a discount. Add a Get ID and enter the Sales Part.
  4. Add a site in Valid for Sites and also a customer in the Valid for Customers tab. RMB to Activate it. 
  5. Create a new CO header for the customer and save.
  6. Add a CO line for the minimum pcs of Sales Part. The system informs that the sales part is connected to sales promotion deal 1.
  7. Release the CO header, which will trigger that the Sales Promotion calculation is executed. This will result in Sales Promotion charge line being added.

I do not have any sales promotion charge line created and the price of the part is not correct.

What I need to do is to create a sales campaing where I got this deal: Buy 15 parts, Get 1 part free.

Here is what I have done as parameters.

What did I do wrongly?

Thanks for your help.

Stéphanie

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @stephe_12 ,

To give a free part in Get area,

• you can set the price as 0 (if you go with Price option) or,
  • you can set 100% discount (if you go with Discount option).

Also, to utilize the deal in the customer order, you should add the free part as a CO line and then calculate the Sales Promotion. Then a negative charge line will be added in the Charges tab to set off the price of the free part.

Thank you.

Badge +1

Hi @Ravinatha Ariyarathna , thanks a lot for your feedback it was very helpfull.

I now have an other question, is it possible to have a campaign where in the sales promotion, I enter several articles and say if I buy one of this article I will get one of an other list of articles?

For e.g:

• If you buy 3 of article A/B or C you will get 1 of article D/E or F
  • Price will be at 0

Thanks for your help.

Stéphanie.