Solved

Adding Ad-Hoc Document Text for Customer Invoices

• 23 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

RE: Apps 10 v4

The documentation states that “Documentation Text” can be added to customer invoices, however I do not see this as an option anywhere on the form (standard right mouse click on both the header and the line). It shows up on the customer order form as an option, but not the invoice. We are trying to add a note that will print on a specific invoice but not on anything else. Any ideas?

Thanks

Aaron

icon

Best answer by paul harland 23 July 2020, 23:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Aaron,

We would typically put the document text on the customer order.  To make it only print on the invoice, go to Doc Text Administration and create an output type called ‘INVOICE’ and link it only to documents 4 and 5 - those are the debit and credit invoices.

Note that there is another feature on the customer order invoice - RMB Invoice Text.  You can add some text and it will print, by default, at the end of the invoice.  So it behaves similarly to document text.

Badge +1

Thank you Paul.

I see the checkbox on the invoice screen but cannot find the RMB Invoice Text prompt. It does not show as an option. I will have to check on why that is not visible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

interesting - is your invoice in preliminary status 

Badge +1

No, it’s closed.

Badge +1

Backing up - status is “Printed”

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I believe the invoice text option is only there in preliminary state.