Question

Add Shipment Numbers on Search Dropdown

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I wondered if it was possible for when you search for an order number or PO number in IFS apps 9, it can also have the shipment numbers on the dropdowns?

It would be much easier to know which Order # matches with what shipment #, instead of having to go manually into the shipment to find out.

Would anybody know if this can be done and how? 

Thank you 

Kate 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Reason for not having such option in core is that there can be more than one shipment connected to a customer order.

For example, order lines that are delivered to address A of the customer will be in one shipment, while the ones going to address B, with shipping method ‘truck’ will be in another shipment, and there can be a third shipment for order lines going to address B, but using ‘air freight’.

(Even a single order line can be delivered with multiple shipments)

That being said, if for your company, one customer order is always in only 1 shipment, you can have a custom field in CO header to display the shipment ID. 

I think to get it enabled to the customer order drop down, you need extra client code (not 100% sure) but you can definitely use this column in the search.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you Asanka so much for your answer. I let the user know and explained. This is great and make sense. 

Kind Regards

Kate