Solved

What are the permissions required to create Data Migration jobs?

• 20 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We’ve just deployed our first IFS Cloud environment and we’re struggling with some features… One of them is regarding Data Migration Jobs. Do you guys know which exact permission (projection) a user must have in order to be able to create new Data Migration Jobs? He’s already been granted Update Allowed permission in Authorized Users screen, but I believe that will work just for the existing jobs already granted for his account, right?

Hope you can help me with this.

icon

Best answer by MMcK 21 June 2023, 12:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi

We’ve typically used an ‘all projections’ type permission set for users working on data migrations as they need permission for any projections for the data being migrated as well as the actual data migration management projections.

The latter can be found by filtering the projections for the FNDMIG component.

The ‘authorised users’ in the data migration basic data needs to be set for anyone to see a migration job created by someone else.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @MMcK !

Thank you very much! Yesterday I dug in and did a lot of tests… created a PS with all projections, created a PS with MigrationJobs page privileges and added the FND_ADMIN_FNDMIG structure in a existing PS, but none worked. When I saw your message, I realized that the user I was using to run the tests was not an authorized user… :| Shame on Me! 

OBS.: As long as your user is an Authorized one, all of the permission options I’ve mentioned above do work.

Soooo… thank you again! ^^