Solved

Strange result when migrating users

• 13 February 2024
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All,

When migrating users, I get a strange result in the Description field.  Instead of the User Name, I get the contents of all the fields:

I also can’t get the Web_User to populate into the User Email field

icon

Best answer by Jens 13 February 2024, 23:21

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @rfedorchuk

can you please provide a screenshot of the extracted Excel file? That means save the Excel file as a csv-file and only the first two records (header line and data line) are needed.

Which IFS data migration tool are you using? 

I suppose you are the “Data Migration”/”FndMig” tool and not DMM (Data Migration Manager)?

If so then I need screenshots of your CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE job where you load the raw data into a “temporary” IC-table. Screenshots of the tabs File Configuration, File Mapping and Rules please.

Possibly the Column Separator in the tab File Configuration is not correct but let’s see.

And then I also need screenshots of your second migration job (MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA) which fetches the records from this created IC-table. Screenshots of the tabs Database Information, Source Mapping, Method List and Rules please.

/Jens

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I included a screen shot of the excel file, but I added the file as an attachment.

Here are the screen shots of the migration job:

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @rfedorchuk

Ok, your csv-file has comma as column separator.

Can you please also provide screenshots of your migration job TMP_IMPORT_USERS (procedure name CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE) as requested? Screenshots of the tabs File Configuration, File Mapping and Rules please.

In the tab File Configuration you have Comma as column separator defined?

/Jens

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Import Job:

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Can you please remove the value <space> in the field column embrace in the migration job TMP_IMPORT_USERS in the tab File Configuration?

Afterwards load your csv file again.

After the file is loaded and before executing you can press the button Unpack File on the top of the Execute screen. When you press the button then the column Attribute String will be filled. When you click left of this field then you’ll find the column names of your file mapping and the related values of your csv file. 

Does the field DESCRIPTION= still have the concatenation field values of all fields or only the real value?
I‘m still talking about the TMP_IMPORT_USERS job.

You can of course also execute TMP_IMPORT_USERS and create a Quick Report with select * from ic_TMP_IMPORT_USERS to see the results.

/Jens

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @rfedorchuk 

Does it work now?

/Jens

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Just starting my day.  I’ll let you know soon.  Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

That did it.  Thanks.  It should have been a Double Quote.

Any clue why the User Email doesn’t get mapped?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@rfedorchuk 

As already written in the following link

Migrating Users in Cloud environments | IFS Community

the user email is stored in the view fnd_user_property.

That means you have to export (CREATE_OUTPUT_FILE) the data of this view as well with the where clause name = ‘SMTP_MAIL_ADDRESS’ and then migrate this into the target environment with a CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE and MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA migration job using the view name fnd_user_property.

/Jens

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks.  I missed this earlier.  Appreciate it very much.