Solved

Migration Job Fails for CSV file

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi ..

I was trying to set-up new migration job to update CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS View for changes in address and postcode values. This supposed to update around 17000+ records so i choose to use Procedure “INSERT_OR_UPDATE” from csv file.

As soon as i run the job i am getting below error. I did investigated further into this and noticed actual issue is - Address column value holds multiple comma seperators, which seems to be root cause of this. Is there any way i can mitigate this issue without removing extra commas from address value ? 

if i add double quotes around this column value, do you think this will insert double quotes also in data ?

double quotes 

Start time - 19-JAN-2024 11:13:18   CS_SJCB_POSTCODE_CHANGE_MIG - Execution No 0 

Insert into CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS_TAB failed - ORA-20111: CustomerInfo.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Customer Info does not exist. (Error caused by line: 2)

File Path: DATAMIG (F:/DATAMIG2)
File Name: CS_SJCB_POSTCODE_CHANGE_test2.csv
File Location: OnServer
Char Set: AL32UTF8

Used 0 hours and 0 minutes 

End time - 19-JAN-2024 11:13:18   CS_SJCB_POSTCODE_CHANGE_MIG

icon

Best answer by manju.mandava 23 January 2024, 10:38

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

Try add double quotes around this column value and set the column embrace to double quotes.

Badge +1

Hi Irantha,

sorry I dont think it works, however small change in address column value it is with multi line values not seperated by comma. Every new line in address column of csv file considered as a new row of data to insert by IFS Migration job so that actual issue is here.

here is an article about CSV with multi line https://b-greve.gitbook.io/beginners-guide-to-clean-data/common-csv-problems/line-breaks-in-text-fields

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Have you tried generating a TAB delimited text file instead of a Comma separated file.  I had same problem with customer addresses and it was fixed with TAB delimited source file then change column separator too.

Badge +1

Hi, 

Thanks all once again ...

Managed to find solution from one of existing topic - - https://community.ifs.com/data-migration-333/migration-import-addresses-43675. Hope this helps to anyone on same boat.

Regds

Manju