Install IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in in IFS Cloud 21R2

• 31 January 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 15 replies

Hi,

We have followed the instruction to install the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/010_data_management/030_data_migration/) but I do not seem to be able to deploy the manifest in Excel in a “Normal” Excel client. Does this only work in the web client?

/Tor

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Tor ,

I do not believe the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in is support with IFS Cloud 21R1 onwards.  

Take a look at this community post for information on a possible solution.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @william.klotz ,

That I know for sure it is, see https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/400_installation_options/010_data_management/030_data_migration/ as a proof of that, speaking to IFS, this is the (only) reason for FNDMIG still being part of IFS Cloud despite the intro of Smart Data Manager tool.

/Tor  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tor,

I was able to upload the manifest file to Excel sharepoint web app. But i am not seeing the option to upload the manifest file in Excel desktop client. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Tor, one of our customers installed the add-in and it works.

Customer’s admin has upload the manifest file at admin.microsoft.com (and then “Preferences / Options” - “Integrated Apps”). He gave some users the permission to use it and those users see the add on in their local excel client.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Got the install working by having the admin adding the manifest, but now we have an issue loading the data, see 

Assistance apreciated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Tor, the job “projections” has to be granted…

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Tor, the job “projections” has to be granted…

Hi all,

we have the same issue.

But I couldn’t find the folowing projection in IFS Cloud:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tor,

Follow the steps in below post to import the manifest file to Excel desktop client.

Badge

We have worked through all of the items above but are now stuck on the issue that the Add-in won’t recognize “Date” columns.  You can load the data directly from the table, run validate, and it returns an data type error.  (Example Customer Info Creation Date. ) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, I set up a test job including a date column, it works for loading and modify data. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I tested it at a 22R1 SU5 environment

Badge

Eric, 

Thanks for testing.  

I tried again comparing your setup but still get the error.  The only thing I see different is date localization. 

This is what I get if select “Validate” after Loading the data

If I clear the CreationDate values it will validate.  If I change a date to text by adding a leading ‘  (eg. ‘7/19/2022) It the row is identified as having a bad date.

If I delete all data for date fields it will execute and validate changes in other columns.

Badge

The issue I am having appears to be fixed in 22.1.4.

Eric thank you the details. That was key in finding the solution.

Mike