Question

IFS Excel Add-in issue in IFS Cloud

• 4 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Community, 

I have tried to add the Excel migration Add-in (IFS Excel Add-in - 21.2.0.2) using both Excel windows client and office 365 web client for IFS Cloud. When I click the IFS Excel Add-in icon in the Excel, I am getting the ADD-IN ERROR.

For the window client, I have opened the Excel as ‘Run as  Administrator’. so this is not a privilege issue.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue? 

Best Regards,
Kapilan

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

have you already double-checked the following IFS Community post?

/Jens

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Jens 

Hi Jens, 

Yes, I have actually followed the steps mentioned there. also in that post there were two guys got the same issue as me and there were no solution given in that post. That’s why made a seperate post to address this issue. do you have any thoughts on the issue ?

Best regards, 

Badge +6

It seems your error may be due to your internet connection, but in my case it was caused by the Microsoft WebView2 app.

So I uninstalled the WebView2 app from the settings and was able to start the Excel Add-in.

However, WebView2 app is included in Edge and Chrome and is automatically installed after some time, so I currently uninstall it each time and use Excel Add-in.

Badge +6

We found out that Excel add-in can be started by run as an administrator due to our company security setting.