Solved

IFS Cloud 22R1: Data Migration Manager Template Project file

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

From where can I find IFS Cloud 22R1 Template Project file for Data Migration Manager?  

I am new to Data Migration Manager and my idea is to create a Project Template and load a pre-built Template file copied into DM server location , drill down into details of the project and understand how it is set up instead of creating a Data Migration Project from scratch.

icon

Best answer by mmol 25 August 2022, 09:16

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @GaSoGB,

For as far as I know there isn't a specific place where these templates can be found. But I can share the 22R1 version which IFS shared with us.

Hope it will help you.

Best regards,

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@mmol

Thanks a lot Michael.

Much appreciated.

Cheers
Gayan S

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Although @mmol (thanks) posted a template project for IFS22R1, I try to load it in a IFS21R2 environment.

I've prepared a new project:

Left all default values as they are. Next I used the Dropdown on Project [Options]. I selected Import SDM project export file. I earlier downloaded the file in this thread so selected client in next assistant. After selecting the proper file I selected Run as Background. After selecting Load. A warning pops up about the size of the file. I selected the option to continue processing.

That took 15 minutes (ran during weekend in late hours, so don't know the effect on performance if done during working hours).

Tabs Migration Object Scope and Target Table Scope are now filled. Looks promissing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I tried to load the IFS Cloud 22R1 Template Project file for Data Migration Manager in IFS22R1 environment.
The background job ends in an error and only 48 lines of the file were integrated.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Is this due to the fact that we don't have some modules? If so, why are these lines not ignored?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Nikita38 That is a pity. Especially that you don't get the target table name that is missing. If that is known you might try to remove the target table from the import file (I'm not sure if that is wise, but not the import file doesn't help either).

And this is a background job, so debugging is, as far as I know, not even possible.

Badge +2

@mmol thanks for sharing the template file!

I’m looking for the template file for 22R2, does anyone have this file?

Thanks in advance.

Badge +5

Please share if anyone has 22r2 template file. We are also looking for it.

Hi, I got hold of a DMM Cloud Template 22R1 project file and did load it but got this error

anyone that knowns why this occurs? I have attached my template file as well if so someone need to have look. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@MARLSEA Weird this message. When opening the attached file (containing a whopping 128.894 lines of settings), the second column contains the LU Name. However non are blank.

Odd that IFS is still not using the functionality of the Status (bottom of the Background Job detail screen which for example may show which row has been processed (line number or table name or whatever information). That way we would be able how far the processing has commenced and where one can look to see if the problem is really in that spot (in this case the txt file that contains to much, as with @Nikita38 or something missing as with @MARLSEA )

I took some time, @MARLSEA to load your attached file, but it resulted in the same error as you encountered (I ran it in the background in 9 minutes). Back than I had a 21R2 (see above in thread) and it loaded without a problem. Now in 22R1 I do have an error. That is strange. In between some components are removed (I mean between 21R2 and 22R1), so that might cause problems.

Hi again, past checking my template file, 1 line (bottom) were empty i.e. thats wes the reason behind the error message: Error.NULLVALUE: Field [LU_NAME] is mandatory for Template Load and requires a value

so my case is now closed past having all the migration object and target table data in place. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello everyone,
Does anyone have the file for the 22R2? 
Thanks a lot!

Hi, here’s the 22R1 template file

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @MARLSEA 
Thanks, I didn't think this file would work for the 22R2.

There is only 1 template per year release - I assume that the IFS RnD have been thinking about that, pr am I wrong here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,
So there won't be a file for the 23R1?
Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@TheoB 

were you able to get a 23R1 file?

How are folks getting the templates?  Doesn’t seem easy to get them which is frustrating.