Question

How to see the JSON file for an Excel Migration Job?

• 28 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey,

I am trying to fix a broken excel migration job, but it keeps throwing the following error:

Expected ',' or '}' after property value in JSON at position 222 (line 1 column 223)

My issue is that I don’t know how I can check what the JSON file looks like that is created from the Excel file. Is there a way to see that, perhaps inside the debugger?

Please let me know if you need more information regarding this problem to better understand.

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Peter Suhajda 
Could you please post a hardcopy of your job setup please?

Also it would be interesting to know if you are working with IFS Applications or IFS Cloud version

Thanks
Martina

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @Makede,

It is in IFS Cloud, sorry for not mentioning.

How do I post a hardcopy? Sorry I’m quite new to this. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Peter Suhajda 
you should be able to simply use Copy and Paste within the reply window to paste your hardcopy

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Makede 

Sorry I meant that I don’t know how to get the hardcopy from IFS Cloud haha. I’ve tried something, but I’m not sure if it’s correct, see it attached.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Peter Suhajda ,  May I know what is the view are you using for this particular excel migration?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey @Nirogini Janstin,

Sorry for the late reply, the View Name with which this was initially set up is

CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS

there is also another method added 

CUST_ORD_CUSTOMER_ADDRESS

Is there no way to check what the JSON file looks like that is created from the Excel?

I’m trying to recreate an older Excel migration that was used before, but now it cannot be used because that one had ViewNameUnique as prefix option, which apparently is not supported anymore in IFS Cloud. :(

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

You can check on the google chrome’s console on the inspect for viewing the generated JSON. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’m using the IFS Excel Add-in, that one has DevTools as well, however, I am unable to find it there because I just don’t know where to look… Sorry for my incompetence… Do you have any suggestions where it could be? 

I only have JavaScript context: top, nothing else..

This is how far I get:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Please check on the console tab on it

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please check on the console tab on it

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @Nirogini Janstin, @Makede 

After further testing, it seems like this issue comes up after adding ADDRESS_TYPE_CODE to the Method List. 

Hope this helps in identifying the issue, if you need any info in particular, please don’t hesitate to ask me. :) Thank you for your help!